Pink pop up flowers and quilling birthday card

HB135

Hello everyone! Here is a handmade pop up birthday card that I made late last January.

This handmade pink pop up flowers and quilling birthday card is actually made for a regular customer of mine. He would always order my handmade card for his lovely wife each year for her birthday. Isn't he so sweet and thoughtful?! His wife is one lucky lady indeed!

For this year, he requested for a quilling card which he later wanted me to add a pop up in the card too. He agreed for me to make a quilling card similar to the one I've done last December but the main colour of the card had to be pink! At first I thought I could make the card design exactly like the original and just change the colours, but when it came to writing the birthday sentiments, I knew I had to make some changes in the arrangement of the design.

For example, the original design had simple short sentiments, but the sentiments that my customer wanted was a bit long. Because of that I had to allocate a much bigger space for the sentiments on the new card design. This however makes it difficult for me to put 3 big quilling flowers like the original design. After giving it a lot of thought, I decided to just put 2 big quilling flowers at the top and bottom of the card and add 2 more tiny ones to each of them to fill up the space. I was so glad that it all turned out well in the end.

As always, I did enjoy writing the sentiments with the brush. Every time I need to write sentiments for my handmade cards, I get to practice the brush lettering technique. Writing with the brush is never an easy thing....but it's always fun. We text and type a lot these days that we rarely write with pen or whatever medium. So if we don't practice, we will feel awkward doing it sometimes. I hope to never stop writing on paper. I don't ever want to lose the skill to write.

The pop up flowers inside the card is done just like how I did for the original design but of course I changed the colours of the pop up flowers to match the pink quilling flowers on the card itself. I really enjoyed making the leaves for the flowers too. The leaves with the veins were the most fun to make. I wanted to make a video tutorial for that leaf too.....hopefully soon! 😁😁😁

I do love the card a lot and it was hard to see it go.....but I'm glad it's with someone who appreciates handmade cards a lot. So it's in safe hands now. 

Anyways, do enjoy watching the pop up birthday card in the video below. You'll be able to see how the pop up flowers open and closes in the card. 😍💗


5 comments:

HeNRieTTa JoSe said...

i love the flowers...nice pink color.....and the ink on the wording, i love the shade effect...as usual, your cards are cute....

Azlina Abdul said...

Thank you so much Henrietta! I truly appreciate all your lovely comments :).

Mauve said...

OMG, this is so beautiful! You're very talented.
Greetings from Poland ;)

Azlina Abdul said...

Thank you so much Mauve! :)

CharonMok said...

This is very beautiful. I wish I was talented and patient like you. I've just created my own website to sell some pop-up cards. They're absolutely beautiful. If you are interested in pop-up cards. It is exactly what you are looking for: 3d pop up mother's day greeting cards, 3d pop up card

Featured Post

How to make two tone tear drop shape quilling flowers

We are coming close to mid February and I'm blogging about something that I did last January! LOL! It's been a month sin...